Monday, September 6, 2010

looking back

its really weird to look back & re-read some of the blog entries i had back in late 2009/early 2010. i went through a very strange time in my life. i had no idea what to do next. i was struggling to let go of my first love--i never thought it would be so difficult. it took me well over a year to move on, and let go. i spent many months meditating and detaching-and learning how to love myself. treating myself to all the good things-like fresh organic meals, traveling, and exercising everyday. i began focusing on me instead of dwelling on the future and whether i would be alone forever or not. i wont be alone, ever because i love myself. i love all of which i am. i feel healthy & my consciousness has made a GREAT shift in the past 6 months-i feel that i can do anything and nothing is going to stop me (except myself, if i choose to). i am so happy, so very very happy. actually, this is the happiest that i have been in years and years. somedays i have moments (sometimes as short as 10 seconds) when i just smile & inhale in the beauty of the day, each moment passing is such a miracle. and i am so happy to be alive and part of all of it.


2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! Seems like I can learn a lot from you, here. I think I'm on track to be where you are in a few months. :) Getting over loves sucks hard, and is very very slow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. stef- moving on after long relationships are very very difficult, especially when you only see yourself with that same person the rest of your life. i always thought that i would marry my ex-boyfriend, and he would be the father of my children, etc. etc. but now i am like-hey its ok, everything happens for a reason. now i just get more time to do more for me--traveling the world & going back to school. i am more excited about that right now then children and marriage. those things will come when it is the right time.

    ReplyDelete